Right, let's get this out of the way first....I suck at romance! I'm rubbish at knowing what to do and I'm rubbish on Valentines Day! Which all means that I need tips and tricks to survive the day! So here's my quick guide on how to get through the day.
1) Don't forget it!! This one is obvious, but it also means prepare in time! Don't just bury your head in the sand until the night before, or even the morning of! An hours prep a few days before erases all the stress and takes up less of your time anyway!
2) Flowers - Look, there's no choice here, as cliche as they seem YOU HAVE TO GET FLOWERS! If you want to save money and time then Lidl and Aldi do great bouquets at very reasonable prices - and for value get them a couple of days before valentines to actually have a choice of the best bouquets. (Then just hide them in a vase of water in the shed).
3) Get a gift. She may say don't bother, but just get something. If you know of some jewellery she'd like then great. Otherwise, just go with simple stuff - chocolates she likes, her favourite wine, a spa voucher. Keep it simple and get it early.
4) Eating a meal out at a fancy restaurant is good - but isn't always an option. If that's the case then just take the opportunity to cook a nice but simple meal. If you're not much of a cook (like me!) then focus on the extra's - a good bottle of wine or Prosecco, a nice (shop bought) dessert. Some flowers, some candles - its actually shockingly easy to make this a romantic and memorable evening.
5) Card! Easy to forget...but don't. And if you do (like me last year!!) then get the kids to help you make a homemade one!)
So there you go. that's my valentines day quick guide. The biggest take home here is PREPARE EARLY. Spending an hour on it a few days before saves so much time and stress! Happy valentines day!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Stay Up To Date
Subscribe and get 10% off your first order! Receive product updates and essential beard care information. (10% discount code sent via email.)